Friday, May 18, 2012

One month ago, today...


we arrived here in country.  It has definitely been full of new experiences.  
Here are some things I've (Erin) gotten used to:
-Cold showers...this has become very refreshing and my favorite thing before bed AND in the morning.
-Crossing this street on the way to class (Monday-Friday)
South bound lanes
    




North bound lanes

-fruit...it has been great to eat many new fruits and familiar ones, most I don't know what to call in English
don't know what to call this, but the boys love them, Caedmon's holding the fruit, the peel is on the plate, next to the small dark seeds
Things I'm still getting use to:
-bone in...everything (chicken, beef, fish, and even shrimp - sometimes)
-rice morning, noon and night
this is a typical meal, anytime of the day: rice, fish, chicken, and fried soy bean cake in the middle
-driving on the left side of the road...no we haven't driven here yet, but I still have to think really hard about which is the best side to walk on and get in and out of a taxi on.
-the heat and humidity...I just expect to always be hot and sticky, but I've actually noticed a difference in temp if it's cloudy, or raining, or breezy
Mold all over...after getting wet on the bottom during the flood, apparently we didn't make sure it dried out.
We celebrated the middle son's birthday with them!
-not being able to communicate...this really makes developing relationships difficult.