Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Recently...In pictures!

The opposite of tag-less in a piece of clothing I recently bought. 
I guess that is what you get when clothing is made to be sold in multiple countries!

The epitome of unattended children. 
The pit is a result of mud being dug up for brick making.  These children live in the surrounding area and probably have brick-making parents.

Caedmon's teacher invited us to her child's wedding on Wednesday after school. 
Compared with our home culture all weddings here look the same, but our neighbor looked at the pictures and immediately said, "Oh yes, that is traditional Barat dress."

With the bride and groom.
Caedmon's two teachers on the left.

The boy's with teachers from their school. 
Whitman's teacher is the second from the left. 
 

Ants! 
A recent afternoon, I saw a small trail of ants around our bathroom door, so I used the trusty bug spray.  Then they came flooding out of the crack between the tile and door frameYuck!

More and more ants.
30 minutes later, they returned is a much larger trail, moving up from the spot pictured above towards the ceiling.  So I sprayed some more.  Later the same afternoon I sprayed a trail I found under the kitchen sink, at which point they again poured out of the underneath part of the counter.  Then I sprayed the ceiling above the counter and they poured out of the ceiling.  I can handle a fair amount of bugs, but that many ants in one afternoon was more than enough.  Thank goodness for bug spray. 

John taking the boys to school!
We have been barrowing a motorcycle from a friend.  We can actually fit all four of us on it at the same time; looking quite culturally appropriate!