Friday, August 7, 2015

A Wonderful Weekend

Last weekend we were blessed by time with old friends and new ones. 
We spent Saturday afternoon at a cook-out.  Our old friends added two children since we last saw them, for a total of six, and our new friends have five of their own.  Amidst a great deal of catching up, we did a lot of name memorizing as we met many new-to-us kids.
Then that evening we were blessed by a visit from a family I, Erin, began babysitting for when I was in high school.  They greatly influenced me as I was privileged to see them raise their children as I not only babysat for them, but also traveled with them on many trips. 
Their two daughters, Claire and Courtney were flower girls in my wedding.  Unfortunately, their mother, Linda, was unable to attend our wedding due to the birth of her son, Charlie, two days prior. 
 
Claire, myself, and Courtney - 2006

Whitman, Charlie, and Caedmon - 2015
 
The weekend was such an encouraging time catching up with friends, fellowshipping, and getting to know a new family.  It is times like these that have made being back in the States a big blessing. 
 
Then this week we were blessed by a visit from family. 
Cousins
Emma, Whitman, & Mason