Sunday, December 21, 2014

So Relieved to Find

...a cockroach!
(Never thought I'd say that.)
 
I recently have been noticing small droppings in our dish and dry goods cupboard.  At first, I passed it off as gecko droppings as these are found all over, even streaking down the wall (yuck, I know).  Then I decided to give the cupboard a good cleaning.  I proceeded to find a rather significant area of droppings just behind our plates.  Blaming the geckos immediately flew out the window and I began to very begrudgingly suspect a mouse.  Thus far we have been mouse/rat (same word in the language here) free, thankfully.  A neighbor just yesterday was complaining about doing dishes and said she waits until they pile up, or the rats appear. 
Suspecting a mouse/rat I carefully started moving everything to coax it out of hiding.  Something moved, then I saw a cockroach.  I coaxed him out of the cupboard and sprayed the heck out of him with bug spray, which is a funny thing because it takes a couple minutes for them to be affected so they just keep running around.  I went to bed that night concerned the mouse was still on the loose until John googled images for... cockroach droppings.  Who knew cockroaches leave droppings similar to mice, yet there are distinct differences.  I am very thankful to now know the difference between mouse and cockroach droppings.  The verdict: We are still mouse/rat free!